Sunday, December 16, 2012

This piece is for some extra credit work I'm doing. Our teacher asked us to create our own tutorial instead of following one. I based mine off of one that I did last year. The instructions to make your own are below.


How to make and ginger guy animation in one hour:
1)    Create a new document at 8 by 10
2)    Decide how you want your background to look. I chose a green hill with a light blue sky behind it.
3)    Use the pen tool to make and selection the shape of a hill and fill with the color you like. I chose an overlay with a light green and a darker green. I filled the sun with a light blue color to represent the sky.
4)    I then added the illusion of sunlight by going to filter>render>lens flare then adding it to the upper right corner of the image.
5)    Now the background is complete.
6)    Now we need to begin the boy.
7)    I started by making shoes. I used the ellipse tool and just made a circular shape you can see in the image. I then drew shoe laces in with the pencil tool.
8)    Too make the shape I just used the pen tool and shaped it with a cartoon like look.
9)    I filled the pants with a tan color and put an Inner Shadow and Inner glow on it by double clicking on the layer.
10)  Next you need to repeat the same step with a shirt of your choice. I’m giving my person a white button down with a red tie.
11)  Once again I used the pen tool to shape the tie and I filled it with red then added black stripes.
12)  Next is the hands where I used the ellipse tool to make an oval shape and added 3 lopsided ovals to be the fingers on each hand. I then added a thumb and and once again put an inner glow on it.
13) The Next step is the head. I made a Stewie Griffin shaped head with a light tan color and added freckles using the brush tool with a brown color at a low opacity.
14) For the eyes I created one ellipse to represent the whites of the eye. I then made one for the color of the eye and I added a small black dot to the center as the pupil.
15) Next is the mouth. I used the ellipse tool and filled it with red. I then used the pen tool to create the upper teeth and lower teeth. (Look at final image to get an idea of what to do).
16) Next is the nose. I shape is sort of just like a 2/3 triangle. Check the image for reference.
17) The next step is the hair. Obviously since it is a ginger I’m making I’m going to give him red hair. I used a gradient overlay with a darker orange and a lighter orange.
18) This is the final ginger guy in one hour piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment