Friday, January 10, 2014

This week's work were based off of the portrait articles I posted about earlier this week. I made three pieces.
This one is based off of the first article. I followed the standard rule of thirds and plain grayscale portraits Bonfigli uses in his photographs. I also added a slight burned border to hold it all together.
This is based off of Rowse's article. I followed his ideas of more colorful clothing and background. He also mentioned that sometimes cutting off body parts of the person can prove affective. I had the person look at the basketball to tell the story and give the viewer the knowledge that basketball is big in this person's life.
For my third piece this week the theme was similar to the first piece. This is also based off of Bonfigli's color schemes. I did incorporate the idea that looking at a certain thing can help tell a story. This was from Rowse's article. I added the lighting effects to tell the viewer that the person is sad but there is hope still there. Stay tuned for some more work next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment